Bright Fit is an event held every other year, alternating with Bright World. Bright Fit encompasses an entire week and focuses on wellness and fitness for the family.
Bright Fit 2018 will be April 16-20, culminating with Bright Fit Night on Friday, April 20.
Bright Fit Night features vendors from around Chattanooga that provide child-friendly activities. Each vendor will have a booth and offer a physical activity for children and parents to do. Two sessions will be held. The first session for grades JPK-1 is 5-6:15 p.m. The second session for grades 2-5 is 6:45-8 p.m.
During Bright Fit Night, students earn tickets by completing activities at each booth. Turn in the tickets when you finish. The grade that has the most tickets turned in will get a free dress day and popsicle party!
Bright Fit Week begins on Monday, and this is when students may begin doing healthy activities to earn tickets for individual prizes. As they complete an activity, parents should fill out the ticket. Then the student will place the ticket in the jar for the prize he or she wants to win. The more tickets, the more chances to win! Download the tickets below.
How to Earn Tickets
- Eat a green, orange, or purple vegetable
- Eat healthy foods at lunch
- Ride your bike
- Jump rope for 1 minute
- Floss every night this week
- Drink four glasses of water
- Eat a fruit with breakfast
- Do 5 push-ups
- Go on a walk with your family
- Do 30 jumping jacks
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Make a smoothie
- Stretch for 10 minutes
- Challenge your parents to a plank contest
- Try a new sport or activity
- Eat no sugar for a day
- Learn 3 facts on ways healthy eating is important
- Learn 3 reasons exercise is good
- Eat a vegetable you've never eaten
- Eat a fruit you've never eaten
- Eat a whole grain
- Do a healthy activity of your choice
- Volunteer to help set up for Bright Fit Night
- Volunteer to help clean up after Bright Fit Night
- Attend a P.E. class with your child
Daily P.E. Schedule
Kindergarten - 9:50-10:20 a.m.
First Grade - 10:30-11 a.m.
Second Grade - 11:05-11:35 a.m.
Third Grade - 1-1:30 p.m.
Fourth Grade - 1:40-2:10 p.m.
Fifth Grade - 2:25-2:55 p.m.
JPK and PK classes alternate P.E. days and times in the rotation schedule.
Mrs. Katie Shirley - Monday 9:10-9:35 a.m.
Ms. Cathy Hicks - Tuesday 9-9:25 a.m.
Ms. Emily Hon - Wednesday 9:10-9:35 a.m.
Mrs. Shirley - Thursday 9:10-9:35 a.m.
Ms. Karen Thompson - Friday 9-9:25 a.m.
Bright Fit Prizes
- Fold up bike with helmet (2 available)
- Lookouts package with baseball gear bag and 2 Lookouts baseball hats
- Signed Globetrotters ball with 3 session gift certificate for clinics with Coach Pankey
- Hamilton Skate Place Party
- Large "squishables"
- Bike Desk
Bring Your Bike on Wednesday
Girl Scouts Fundraiser
Bright Fit shirts are available for adults and children. They may be purchased online between February 12-23. Students may wear the shirts to school with uniform bottoms on these days: March 23, April 6, April 13 and April 20.Order Now