We are glad you're interested in a career opportunity at The Bright School, a great place to work!
Classroom teachers may send a cover letter and resume to Assistant Head of School Christy Lusk: [email protected]
School Counselor, full time, 10-month with full benefits
Graduate degree in school counseling, educational psychology, special education or related discipline. Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred, with experience in a school setting. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Team player and interested in becoming an active and integral part of a school community.
- Provides consultation with individual students, parents, and teachers regarding social and emotional needs of students.
- Consults with and makes referrals to local agencies and coordinates their services with the school and our families.
- Implements school-wide character education in collaboration with classroom teachers of all grades.
- Coordinates school community service initiatives
- Partners with instructional support staff to help students attain success in the classroom through SST (Student Support Team) meetings, class observations, review of student work samples, informal assessments, class instruction, teacher conferences and consultations, and design of interventions
- Assists Admissions Director in reviewing admissions files as needed, and manages cumulative and confidential student records.
- Assists school staff in administration of school-wide standardized achievement tests.
Send cover letter and resume to Head of School O.J. Morgan: [email protected]
What do faculty say about teaching at Bright?
“There are different things I enjoy about teaching at Bright School. First, the kids. I have always loved being around kids, and what better way of doing this than sharing my culture. I also appreciate the sense of camaraderie around the school. I have great support from all of my colleagues; there is always someone willing to help." -- Early Childhood Spanish Teacher Claudia Rodriguez
“We all bring something different and have the autonomy to be who we are. That’s hard to find anywhere else.” -- P.E. Teacher Jeff McDaniel
“I am a better teacher and advocate for students because of the professionalism modeled around me each day. I love my team and the support we receive from our administrators. ... And I enjoy my students and their families. I have had the opportunity to teach siblings from several families. The way that Bright School encourages partnership with families is a powerful privilege and I treasure these relationships.” -- Fifth Grade Teacher Beth Warren